Blogger Layouts

Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ewww! This is Gross. . . Want to Try it? (Socially Awkward Tuesday)

 Well, in an effort to post more on my blog, I've decided to have a theme day. At least on Tuesday. Why, you ask? Because a. I want more people to read my blog and b. I can and c. I wrote the following paragraphs before this one, realizing that this falls under the category of social awkwardness and d. My life is FILLED with moments like this, so I can designate a day to do so. Yeah. . . I've said too much.

I present to you . . . SOCIALLY AWKWARD TUESDAY!

Day 238: Scrunchedphoto © 2008 Bryan Gosline | more info (via: Wylio)




Have you ever been with someone who's eating something they CLEARLY find repugnant, only to have them ask, after making all sorts of scrunched-up, horrible faces, if you want to try it?

Granted, I honestly don't believe they are doing it just to play a mean, dirty trick on me--- at least most of the time, but their OBVIOUS negative reaction to it isn't exactly giving me any desire to try something they find gross.

So, blog reader (s?), I'm hear to show the proper way to offer food to someone, even after you've decided that it's pretty much the worst thing in the entire world.

Random person: "Hey, Kylie, do you want to try this?"
Me: "Sure, why not!" "Is it any good?"
R.P.: "Just try it!"
Me: "Okie dokie!" (yes, I actually use that phrase in real life).
Me: *tries food* *forms opinion that's NOT tainted*

How it usually happens:

R.P. "EWWWW, GROSSS!" "Hey, do you want to try this?"
Me: "Urm... NO!" "Why would I want to try it after you've just proclaimed it's gross?"
Me: *grumbles to self; annoyed that I'm unable to try food without a tainted opinion*




I love social awkwardness!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Luckily for me, I usually don't want to try other peoples food anyway. Yay being a picky eater... I actually was guilty of the 2nd scenario once but when I chose to offer up the unliked food it was because I knew it was something (steak fries) people who aren't me DO enjoy. So my "these are bad, do you want them?" statement was amusing to my spectators.