Blogger Layouts

Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Challenge Issued: Challenged Accepted. . . Sorta.

My friend, Lauren, issued a challenge.



She made the following video:
If you've never seen 500 Days of Summer, you won't understand part of the inspiration for this video, but it's a neat and lovely animation. Plus, she's put a lot of hard work into it.

So, it needs a narration. This is where I come in. I'm having a couple of problems, though.

1). My writing is either a. snarky or b. reminiscent of a Hallmark card.

My favorite season is autumn, so I tend to want to go all Hallmark-y with it, but I'm not entirely sure this is what she wants. I want to add snark, but the Hallmark/snark balance is skewed in Kylie world. I need to find the balance.

2). I'm not sure how to fill all of the time.

You'll notice that if you watch the video, (Yes, you need to watch the video, please. Thanks!), it's 2 minutes and 52 seconds. I'm not sure how to go about writing enough for that period of time. I've never done it before.

The only thing I have so far is for the ending, and it definitely falls on the Hallmark side. With every ending, there's a promise. The promise of another beginning. . . even if it takes all winter.

Also, Hallmark, if you're hiring, I'll take the job. I'll be like Adam Sandler. 

No comments: