I wish I knew what was going on with me lately. I feel so disconnected from everything. Family, friends, and most importantly, God. I don't like this 'season', winter, or the 'season' of life I'm in at the moment.
I don't know if my faith is growing or not. I grow to have more questions than answers.
I read somewhere that there's a point where you realize you're not going to have the answers, so you are just content with the questions.
I have a lot of questions, though. A LOT of questions. Questions I'm afraid to put in a blog post. It usually happens when I follow the news, or politics, in particular, rather closely. There are a lot of questions I have that relate to faith and politics, and by talking about them, I'm kind of 'outing' myself.
Oh well, I may as well do it. I'm a registered Democrat. That's how I registered when I was 18. This does NOT mean I vote straight ticket, but I don't think Republicans always deserve the vote simply because they're Republican. Nor do Democrats, for that matter. I vote my conscience. I vote for the person I feel will best do the job. I do understand that God had an idea for government, I don't think that either party perfectly falls into God's idea of government.
However, there are a few things that bother me about government. First of all, say what you will about our current president, but I don't think he's an evil socialist, poised and ready to set this country on a crash course with communism. I have plenty of criticism of him, but I don't think he's that. I think it's okay to criticize any president, regardless of political affiliation, but I do think it's important to criticize a president based on his actual record as opposed to baseless accusations. I was annoyed when people didn't think it was okay to criticize our previous president. That's the beauty of our constitution. We're allowed, it's in the first amendment. Other countries don't get this luxury, so I'm thankful we do. God Bless America.
I also think that just because you disagree with something, saying no to EVERYTHING isn't a solution to the problem, based on sheer principal. Even things you previous agreed with, but don't seem to do so now because of who's in charge. This seems to be what Republicans are doing now. Perhaps that will change once January rolls around, but quite frankly, my son's a bit more cooperative than the Republicans seem to be in Congress at the moment. Here's hoping it will change as the dynamic in Congress changes.
What ever happened to working together? Whatever happened to governing? I don't mind people arguing over the size of government, but good grief, we should have a government that runs. This government doesn't.
Political rant over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment