My heart is heavy for those who have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. They're needs are great, and my prayers have been many.
I've also given money to a reputable organization. My contribution may be small, but in times like this, while I see the perils of destruction, I also see the best of what God has called us to do. People coming together to help. People, whether they are of faith or not, grieving, mourning, praying, pondering, and most of all, helping.
I'm also disheartened by people who feel removed from our brothers and sisters in Japan. I agree there are needs near and far. I agree that while one disaster dominates our conversation, others are left in our distant memories, leaving others in their wake of long-filled despair, wondering if they've been forgotten in the news of the moment. I just want to say you are not.
I also want to say that we are ALL brothers and sisters. We are ALL God's people. There is no "us" and "them". It's just us. We should realize that while we're on our knees, praying, we could very well be the answer to someone else's prayer. It's our calling. If you want to help, HELP. We are to be the shining lights, giving hope and love to those who need it.
This child was rescued. The men who rescued her could be an answer to the prayers of their worried, scared parents. This is what God wants us to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment