I shall give the following reasons why nobody should EVER, and I mean EVER, let your children watch this video. It took a lot for me to jump into the pop culture trenches to talk about this. I'm just thankful I came out alive. Best way to thank me, you ask? KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AWAY FROM THIS VIDEO!
1. It promotes truancy. In the song and the video, she ditches the bus that will take her to school to hang out with her truant friends.
2. It also glorifies underage driving. In the video, those kids DO NOT look like they're of legal age to drive. What kind of message does this send to the youth of America?
3. The video also gives the impression that it's okay not to wear safety belts in vehicles.
4. It also shows that it's okay to fill a car so it's overcapacity.
5. It shows unchaperoned parties. Where are the parents? I know I question where Dora's parents are as she hops all over the world with Boots, but at least she's teaching valuable lessons along the way.
6. We we we we... really? These pass for acceptable lyrics?
7. Last, and most importantly, it's a horrible song. A horrible, awful, no good, very bad song. Why would you subject your children to such horrible music?
While I'm sure Rebecca Black is a nice young girl, and if I was 13 and someone presented me with a recording contract, I would have jumped on it, I do hold those who are in charge of her recording career for this assault on music as we know it. Surely in the wide, vast catalog of music you could have chosen for her to sing, you could have suggested she sing a different song. A better song. Thanks to you people, this song is now the biggest joke. EVER. I look at you, parents, agents and music producers of Rebecca Black.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment