Have you ever had one of those days? I think you know what I mean; at least I hope so. The kind of day where you wake up and you just know it's going to be one of the worst days of your life. You muddle through the day and nothing seems to go right. Your child has decided to take the biggest fit known to man, you're an hour late for work, everything you touch seems to break at work, you find out some horrible news at home, and so on and so forth. I also need to mention that this all happens before noon. The afternoon brings even more unfortunate events that leave a person weary and broken. You arrive home and after everyone settles, you collapse from mental and physical exhaustion.
Now I haven't had that kind of day lately; however, there are some days--after I put Colin to bed, I slow down and finally relax for the evening. It's then I turn my thoughts upward to God and simply ask him, "Am I there yet?" There's a silence and the question simply goes unanswered as I lay my head down for another night's slumber.
I wake up to a new day, fresh and anew, and the Lord, with a calm, soothing voice, with a smile in his tone, simply says, "No, Kylie, you're not!"
I live to see another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes Kylie....I have had many of those days! We do make it through though.... ~hugs~
Post a Comment