It seems as if my last post was prophecy rather than an observation on a difficult day. It hasn't been just a day, but an entire week. However, upon further thinking, I've come to conclusions.
While I probably should realize that compared to some people, my life is easy, it's very difficult to do that when this small thing and that small thing that are really just bumps in the road turn into a mountain that you're not sure you're going to be able to climb. I am thankful, but when you're in the middle of stress overload, the last thing you're thinking about are the problems of the world. It's life, and as people, we're all pretty selfish. I'm not any better. I can be very selfish. I don't like to be, but I know I am.
Secondly, it's hurtful when people you think you can count on for an ear to listen to and a shoulder to lean on fail you. Granted, my problems aren't that great, but to hear the words "I just don't care" is just a knife to the heart. You don't want them to solve your problems, you just want them to listen. That's what friends do. I'm not saying I'm alone. Actually, I have a great support system. However, as much as you count on those you love, they can be distracted by their own lives. They can say I don't know what to tell you, and yes, they can say, I love you, but I don't care. It hurts, but people, as much as they love you, aren't always there for you. Every effort can go into trying, but we're human, and we sometimes come up short.
Upon realizing this, it does make me thankful that I know of one person I can count on, and He is not of this world. It's pretty awesome when you have a God that you can turn to for anything. Whether the problem is big or small, He's always there to listen. When the people you count on aren't available, God always is. That's unconditional love, folks, whether you know it or not. I know I don't always want to hear about other peoples' problems; however, God always does. Even when you don't sound coherent, God can translate the babble and make sense of everything. I should learn to unload my burdens more on the one who sent His son to save me from my sins. Yay, God. :)
So yes, ninety percent of life and what you deal with is considered 'mundane' by other people. However, I'm thankful that whether my problem is big or small, God will always listen. Thank you, God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment