If anyone has been watching the news recently, you may find people calling 'racism' in regards to the "YOU LIE!" shout out to the president when he made his speech to the joint session of Congress.
Do I think Congressmen Joe Wilson was being racist when he did that? There's no proof that he was or wasn't, so I'm not going to assume simply based on one assumption made by people in the media. Did he act a bit of a fool? Yes, but it isn't the first time. Seriously, didn't you hear the rumble from the Republican side when President Obama made that comment prior to the lone "YOU LIE!"? Did anyone hear the audible boos when President Bush made speeches to joint sessions of Congress when he was president? Have you heard audible disagreement from anyone when ANY president has made comments that may be disliked from members of the opposite political party? I have.
My point, you may ask? Well, there are two things? Do I think there may be a fringe group amongst the conservatives that are racist. Yes. Do I think that is EVERYONE'S point of view? Absolutely not. I know of many conservatives who have praised Obama when they actually agree with him, in public settings, and will vehemently disagree with his POLICIES when they disagree with them. Many intelligent conservatives (I'm happy to know quite a few... :D) will talk about the POLIICIES they disagree with, not his race.
In essence, I'm sick of intelligent people who just don't agree with his policies being accused of being racist. It's pretty evident when President Obama himself doesn't use the race card that it may not necessarily be racist.
So President Carter and Bill Cosby, I respectfully disagree with both of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I always stumps me as to how some of these folks manage to their thoughts broadcast when they obviously lack the slightest bit of common sense.
Post a Comment