Now that Christmas is upon us, let's revisit the checklist to see if I accomplished all of my goals.
1. Tree? Well, yes, by golly we did get a tree. However, it is fake, and we didn't decorate it until today, but hey, we DO have a tree. It's always so much fun getting out ornaments that bring back memories. I can honestly say we have all members of our family represented on our tree. Even the canine member. Though she deserves a lump of coal in her stocking.
2. Shopping? Well... I started out so well, but as usual, I ended up procrastinating. It's done, though, and YAY!
Oh, I'd like to take the time to mention that I didn't put "See Santa Claus" on my list. I didn't take Colin to see Santa. Whooops. Oh well. There's plenty of time for that.
3. Read him the true Christmas story. Yes! That would his bedtime story tonight, and will be his bedtime story the night before Christmas. :)
4. Don't get caught up in all of the crazy? Well... that came and went. As of right now, though, I'm definitely thinking about the true meaning of the Christmas season. It's crazy how we fill out this month with so much stuff. While most of it is wonderful, I know there were a few times where I was stressed out instead of giving thanks to God for the most precious gift of all.
5. Don't get Colin too much stuff. We accomplished that one. The tree is filled with things he received, but we didn't go overboard. Besides, I spent all of that time wrapping those gifts, just to unwrap them all tomorrow, cause he'll be more interested in what paper he does tear off as opposed to ripping through all of those gifts.
Overall, I'd give myself a B-. I didn't do some stuff I would have liked to have done, but we made it, and though this is Colin's second Christmas alive, in many ways, this is his first true Christmas. I hope that makes sense.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment