Tonight was our Childrens' Christmas program at my church. I don't have pictures because I was too busy helping with the kids, but I must say, I've always enjoyed watching them.
I always liked how the parts that you remember the most are the parts that weren't necessarily 'supposed' to happen, but make for excellent memories and wonderful stories to share in future years.
Tonight's program was no exception. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see all of it, but I did hear wonderful voices sing songs, but the parts I did see were awesome.
They had a Nativity story where each older child played a small part and memorized lines. They all seemed very happy to do this. The only part that I heard about that made me sad was a little boy who was upset that he couldn't figure out his lines. I hope he isn't beating himself up over it, because I'm sure he was fine, though I didn't see it for myself. It doesn't matter if you weren't perfect, but I will say that I'm happy that he worked hard and wanted to get his lines right.
For the next part, the younger children were part of a "March of Christmas Symbols." Each child walked, or marched, when the meaning of their particular symbol was being read. It was so cute to see some kids want to rush to their parents, but all seemed very happy to show off their symbol, and they got their own moment in the spotlight.
The finale consisted of all of the kids singing two songs. What made me giggle was at the beginning of the first song, the kids started to sing the words to the second song. At high volumes. I love hearing kids sing with enthusiasm. They eventually got the right words, so all was well. Then, when they got going, it was timed perfectly, one sweet-looking boy, who has the energy of like twenty children, yelled at the top of his voice "SING LOUDER!" It was so perfectly timed that many people were unsure as to whether or not this was actually part of the song. He did it twice. It was as if God was speaking through that little boy at just the right moment because He really wanted to hear the kids sing for Him. He enjoys a joyful noise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The noise was most definitely joyful! I will thinking about "Sing Louder" for many days to come - it was just so stinkin' cute. The program was absolutely adorable and so much fun.
Post a Comment