I went there for lunch today. After my experience, I'd thought I'd give a restaurant review. You may think it's kind of ridiculous to give a long-winded review to a fast food joint, but meh, ohs well. I'm writing in my blog twice in one week. That alone should make you kids fall over with shock.
I will preface this by saying that I won't give reviews to restaurants I like. I don't really have a lot to say when it's good because I'll just tell you, "That place is good; you should try it!" I will judge it on location, ambiance and quality of food.
Location:
When I decided to go to lunch, I think the urge of hunger overtook any semblance of common sense, because I wasn't thinking (obviously) about the location of this particular Chipotle. It's located in downtown State College. If any of you have experienced downtown State College as a non-student, you'll know that it's a pain. Especially at lunch time on a Thursday. Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight. So, I park in a rather dodgy spot outside of the parking area that apparently you're supposed to pay for or something. Thankfully, I didn't spend much time in there, because I didn't pay, but the lack of quality parking is definitely a negative for this location.
Ambiance:
I walk inside, and the look of the place is the LAST thing I expected. Okay, so this may be wrong of me, but for a restaurant that proclaims itself to be a Mexican Grill, I didn't see ONE THING that would lead me to think that it's a Mexican grill, save for the burritos. I mean, I guess I expected more American-ized stereotypes of Mexican culture, but I guess that didn't happen. Instead, I got what I describe is a industrial, lofty-type look or something. I look around, only to find students. EVERYWHERE. I suddenly felt like the old lady in a room full of pretentious hipster college students. Ugh. I did, however, like the efficiency of the place when they took my order. I managed to wait for a relatively short period of time, which was kind of nice. However, I had to ask every single person in the assembly line of workers to repeat what they've said because the music was blasting too loud. Yeah, just another reason why I felt like the old lady in the pretentious hipster burrito joint. Perhaps I'm asking too much. After all, this IS a fast food joint; however, I can hear myself think in a McDonalds.
Quality of food:
If you expect lots of choices here, don't. You can get a burrito and a bowl, I think. There aren't many, so yeah. I kind of like that. As far as if my burrito was good, I can say it was. I also think it was overpriced. I can get a burrito for a cheaper price at Sheetz, and it's also just as good. I don't think my experience was worth all of the build up of the place. Sorry for those who LOOOVEE it. I liked it, and I'll probably eat there again, but it wasn't the, IHAVETOGOTOTHISPLACELIKEALLOFTHETIME ITISSOOOOODELICIOUS! It's DEFINITELY not worth going to downtown State College while classes are in session.
Also, I'll be perfectly honest with you people. I was looking for the Taco Bell. Okay, before you judge me, just know I don't eat there often, and we have no Taco Bell in my town. Give me a break! At least there, I wouldn't feel like a poseur tryin' to fit in with the hipsters with a hipster burrito.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment