Instead of being all dry and snarky, I thought I'd give you people a chance to see the things I'm into right now.
1). Fall! It's my favorite time of year. Precisely when the leaves look exactly like what's in the picture, I'm thankful, even if for a brief moment, that I live in place with deciduous trees. If only it could be like this all year round. I then get sad the leaves fall off the trees, which means the arrival of the season I hate the most, but I won't dwell on that.
2). SuperColin. Okay, I love my son all of the time, and I like him on most days (I'm being honest, people!). I love this stage in his life. He's really starting to discover his imagination, and I love the fact that for two days straight, he refused to take off this cape. I'm grateful that he's talking. . . something I was definitely worried about. If any of you are wondering now he's talking whether or not I miss the days he wasn't, the answer would be no. It's a LOT easier for a child to tell you what's wrong as opposed to having to guess. I'm not a great guesser. I'll probably wish, as he gets older, that he wouldn't have picked up on his mother's sarcasm, but communication, no matter what form it may take, is a gateway into a whole new world for a child.
3). Parenthood. As much time I spend on a computer, you'd be surprised to learn that I don't watch a lot of television. Well, thanks to an updated computer at work, and access to hulu.com, I'm able to catch episodes while I'm actually working. No, my job DOESN'T require that I don't wear headphones, and to be honest, if I have something to watch and/or listen to while I work, I'm more productive. Some would even say I add value. Anyways. . . this is a great show. The one boy on the show has Asberger's Syndrome, and it illustrated a wonderful way for them to learn what empathy is. Definitely recommend you watch. For those who say, "I don't have cable!", I say "Pssshh to you!" If you're reading this, you have access to Hulu.com. Go and watch it. Now!
4). This is my favorite show that satirizes politics. I also like The Daily Show, but I like this one just a teeny, tiny bit more.
5). The Civil Wars. I highly recommend you listen to their music. They have a folk/country vibe going on, and their voices go together like peanut butter and jelly when they sing. It's cool, and quite refreshing, to hear people just use a guitar and the voices God gave them to sing. No frills. . . or autotune. It takes a lot for me to listen to new music, but I highly recommend this group to you.
So, what are you guys into right now? Leave me some suggestions in the comments, and I'll take a gander.
Enjoy! :)
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Things I Like. . . Right Now
Labels:
civil wars,
colbert report,
fall,
parenthood,
stephen colbert,
supercolin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love that Civil wars and Parenthood are on there! (didn't i get you into those :P)
You did! :)
Post a Comment