Blogger Layouts

Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Amazed!

I'm amazed at how literally overnight, a child can change. I truly mean overnight. This week has been a strangely growing 'up' week for Colin. The last post, I mentioned that he doesn't seem to want to sit unassisted for long periods of time. Well, there's nothing like a child to make a liar out of you.

I took him to the babysitter's house yesterday and I noticed he had a dirty diaper. I thought I'd conduct an experiment, so I sat him down. He stayed there the whole time while I prepared to change his diaper. Seriously, it's like in his little mind, expanding and growing each day, decided, meh, I'll try this 'sitting' thing.

Also, he first started to really babble 'dadadabababagagaga' at around 5 months for a few weeks, then he suddenly stopped. I didn't know what was going on, but he would say 'ba' or 'ga' or 'da', but not 'dadabababagaga' like he started at first. Last night, he suddenly started to carry on a full conversation with 'bababadadadagagaga' again. It must have something to do with the tooth he sprouted.

It's been a big week for my son, and these are the moments I love and cherish the most about being a parent. I know why I'm on earth (for the Glory of God), but the HOW is sometimes what confuses me, but I know for sure that one way I can glorify Him is through raising a son that loves Him like I do. That's NOT an easy task, but you do have some easy days.

I guess this week was one of the 'easy' times.

Yay!

No comments: