I'm not entirely sure how much of a child's personality is inherited genetically or learned behavior; however, I seem to be noticing traits from Colin that closely resemble me and Matt. A part of me is quite frightened of this prospect, another is overjoyed to see it.
This morning, we went to church and as per usual, we dropped Colin off in the nursery before heading up to the service. I guess while he sitting on the floor, he quickly realized that instead of trying to reach for the toys, he should just grab the blanket he was sitting on and bring the toys closer to him. Now if that isn't his father, I don't know what is. That is something I could see Matt doing as a baby, and it translates into his adulthood. What is the quickest, easiest, most efficient way to get what I need is Matt's way of doing things, so it's neat to see that Colin has that as well.
After church, Colin fell asleep in the car. I was *hoping* he would at least sleep until we made it to the restaurant, but nope, he didn't. I've noticed recently that he's not one to easily fall asleep in vehicles... not unlike his mother. I can't sleep in a vehicle for any long period of time. I never could. Needless to say, taking that trip to the shoe store after we ate was pushing it, because this also translated into having a meltdown on the way home We ALL get grumpy when we're hungry and tired, and Colin doesn't have meltdowns often, so he's entitled to a few. I think the meltdown reaction when he's had enough is a combo of his mother and father.
Yeah... this makes me excited and scared to see what the future will bring.
Kids are puzzles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment