Nothing can test a person's patience and build it like an infant. Take exhibit A, my 7-month old son, Colin. I know that I shouldn't compare my baby to other babies, but there's that teeny part of you that always does. For example, as evidenced by this picture, he's fully capable of sitting unassisted. However, bathtime is the only time he seems to do it for longer than a minute. Stinker.
I also know there are many parents that will tell you they grow so fast and to cherish the times you have with them as babies. This develops two Kylies. One Kylie says I should cherish it, because the next thing you know, he's going to college. On the other hand, you want to reap the benefits and see that your child is growing. It's like a duel of sorts.
I do know he's growing and I can't believe he's 7 months old already. This time last year, I was just feeling him doing somersaults in my tummy and I had no clue as to whether he was a boy or a girl. Time truly does fly.
However, the stinker he can be, I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world.
He's also sprouted a tooth. Didn't put up a fuss. Yeah, I'm still waiting for when others come in and he decides to do it. The pure unpredictability of a child is enough to give a person many, many, many, many and many times infinity of patience.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment