Thank you, God, for this day!
My husband and I are now officially members of our church. This is one thing that makes it a good day. I'll share enough of my personal testimony with all of you and say that this was pretty much 30 years in the making.
I will say that as a child and teenager, I never once denied the existence of God, but never knew Jesus until my twenties. I did see, however, there was always something missing. I always wanted to belong to a church because I saw other kids that went to youth group and church and wanted to fit in... somehow. I remember the first weeks of school, a lot of kids would be wearing t-shirts from the summer camp they attended. I THINK it was called Camp Yojiwa, or something like that. Turns out, it was a Christian summer camp. Other kids would be doing fun things with their youth groups and I didn't get a chance to be a part of that as a kid. I know that this is why I have an opportunity to work with kids now. I truly believe this is God's gift to me for missing out as a kid and I get to not only share the Word with children, but see the world I missed as a child. I expressed this to somebody once and they took this as if I was jealous of what I missed. This saddened me greatly, because I never felt jealous at all. I truly believe the opportunity to work with kids, plant seeds, and sometimes, be a kid yourself, is a gift from God.
After church, we had a 'end of summer/back to school' picnic at my Aunt Fanny's house. I enjoyed being with my family. Also, Colin LOVES it outside, so he was in his glory... just as long as you kept him away from the grass. Get that boy within an inch of grass, he started to cry. The problem was easily solved after a blanket and a few toys were produced. :)
I will be the first to admit that I don't thank God enough for the good days in my life, so while I'm thinking about it, I may as well make a public statement of thanks for a good day.
Thanks, God. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment