Blogger Layouts

Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The ridiculousness of the iPad...

While I admit, like other cool toys, it seems like it's something would be neat, but there's just something that annoys me about the ridiculousness of people wanting various Apple products in such a manner that shows other people that if they don't have it, their lives are incomplete.

When the iPhone came out, people waited in lines for days, like when people waited for the next Harry Potter book (admittedly, I did do this...), or when people wait for tickets to a rock concert, but really, what's the point of doing all of that in the first place?

What is the need to have it NOW? What's with the HAVE TO HAVE IT mentality? I admit that I'm not above it, since I did wait in a not-so-ridiculously long line for the last book, but really, what's the point? I don't really get it.

What if we were like that with God? What if we used the very same energy we use to wait in ridiculously long lines for shiny things to do things for God? What if we were in awe of God like we are in iPads or other shiny things?

What if?


I'd like to try to find that out. It's a goal of mine. :D



As an aside, iPad is a really, urm, bad name for a product. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

April Feagley said...

iPad really does sound like something Always and Apple coordinated on - and that not a good thing. I, too, went to the Book Store at midnight to pick up both the sixth and seventh HP books.