I have to admit, it's kind of nice. Though it's also very sad. We are officially on day two of no bottles in our home. I'm happy that my son has taken to this post bottle world seemlessly; however, in a way, I'm also kind of sad.
I've read and heard from women the bond they have with their babies when they nurse, and since nursing didn't work out for me, the bottle was my equilivant of that. Especially the last bottle before bed. That was my cuddle time with my son, since during the day, he's too busy to find something to take out of a cabinet or drawer to cuddle with anyone, let alone his mother. It honestly didn't bother me that much when he would NEVER, EVER, hold his own bottle. If I gave him a bottle now, he STILL wouldn't hold it. Not because he's unable, but because he knows Mommy would do it.
So... as hard as it was for me to do, I knew it had to be done. If I don't do it now, he'll be three years old and still want his Mommy to hold his bottle for him. That was a fear of mine, to be honest. However, I'm thankful that my fear is not going to be realized.
I'm happy my son is growing up and learning new things, but I'm still sad.
Just today, I was looking at a calendar my sister, Shelly, made for my Aunt Fannie. It had pictures of all of her grandkids and her 'adopted' grandkids and since it's November, I saw a picture of a three-week-old Colin. He was soooo tiny. The outfit he had on in the picture was overtaking him...and it was a premie outfit. It's hard to believe he was ever that small.
Oh, time, you move so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment