Blogger Layouts

Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whining is for Whiners.

While I'd rather be blogging about recent life changes that are leaving very little to be desired because it comes to easily to me, I thought I'd challenge myself to blog about things for which I am thankful. You know, since Thanksgiving approaches. It's only fitting.

God! This one is a no-brainer, of course, but I must give thanks for the One who keeps me and sustains me and my family. It doesn't matter what I'm going through, He's always there. I just need to tune out the noise and hear his still, small whispers. It's hard to hear that with all of the background whining going on in my head.

My husband and son! I could morph these in with God because He gave both of them to me and their presence in my life is a reminder of God's presence, but some of the things they do are worth mentioning in their own paragraph. My soon-to-be one-year old almost never wakes up in the mornings in a bad mood. It's hard to be grumpy and grouchy when you walk into his room each day to find him jumping on his bed and giving you a big ol' grin. Who needs caffeine when you have that?

I'm grateful that husband and I truly are a team and work well as a team. You see, each night, he gets the diaper bag ready, save any extra clothes because he wouldn't be able to dress that boy properly to save his life, and makes sure the diaper bag is in the car in the mornings before he leaves (early!) for work. Seriously, my husband is awesome. I've been amazed at how well we work as a team as parental units. I know some women complain about their husbands' lack of help, but I can't do that, and I'm eternally grateful.

The family that lives close to me. My sisters, my Aunt Fanny, Uncle Raymond, my sister-in-law, Autumn (who is Colin's babysitter), to my mother-in-law, Deb (yes, I said my mother-in-law, I love her), and many of my other relatives I can't think of but are also deserving of my thanks. I can't imagine living far away from any and all relatives. They're always there when I need them.

My church family. I've gotten to know more people in my church and I feel truly at home these days. From the ladies I work with at Pioneer Club, to choir, to going to church, to teaching Pioneer Club, to all sorts of things, the fire for God that I should always have is burning once again, after a sort of self-snuffing and a spiritual void a couple of years ago.

I could have 86ed most of this entry and just answered God for all of this, but these are some of the tangible blessings He's bestowed upon me in my life. I'm a truly blessed girl, so I should really stop the internal whining. Nobody likes a Debbie Downer.

No comments: