Blogger Layouts

Pages

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Do Not Worry

Matthew 6:33-34 states: " But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


So, why is it that I worry so much? I worry to the point where I can't sleep, can't eat and can't think about anything but the very thing I'm worried about. Why do I worry to a point where I hear two distinct voices, no rather three, in my head telling me that either a. I shouldn't worry about it; wait and see what happens. b. If you don't find out something, you could be hurting someone in the long run and c. the voice who's driven crazy by points a and b.

In the midst of these 'voices' (for lack of a better term. Haha!), the one voice I fail to hear is the still, small whisper of God's voice. Right now, I can't seem to drown out the voices of worry and reason and hear His voice. It's the voice I really wish to hear right now.

No comments: