Blogger Layouts

Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nobody Likes Me...

Everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms. I think that's how that little diddy goes. Right? RIGHT? Meh, it doesn't matter.

It's a proven fact that not everyone will like you in this world. It just is. For a wide variety of reasons, some people will simply just not like you. Some reasons may be justified, while other reasons aren't. Knowing this, I just move on with my life, focusing on my God and the relationships that truly matter in this world. I constructively try to work on the things in my life that I need to work on that may prevent people from liking me, and pray for those who dislike me for any reason, for they are deserving of prayer. I'm entirely focused on what I can do for God, so I can bring this to all of my relationships and manage to do this throughout the entire day.













BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAA!









Seriously, God bless you, dear reader, if you believed that.

Truth is, that's what I know I should be doing, but the fact of the matter is, I don't. Well, I can't say I don't try, but more often than not, I fail miserably at it. I care too much about what others think. So much, in fact, that I think the phrase 'cares too much' doesn't quite cover it. I worry that I don't meet others' expectations. I worry about offending people because I want to be well-liked. I want people to see who I am, and I don't like when people get an impression of me that I think is factually inaccurate. I, I, I.... BLAH!

I am getting better, though. Today, I was presented with a situation where I realized that someone may dislike me. I was upset for a bit, then I realized a few things.

1. I was thinking about me. OBVIOUSLY. I didn't take the time to think of the bigger picture. I didn't think of others and why this may have happened. I didn't think that it may not have been about ME at all. I didn't think that this may not be a referendum on me, but on an entirely different situation that really has nothing to do with me. I was just a consequence of that. Did I screw up in this situation? Yes, obviously, but without going into details, I was just a part of a bigger problem that really has nothing to do with me. I was a symptom, not the disease.

2. People spend A LOT LESS time thinking about me than I seem to give them credit for. This one should be PAINFULLY OBVIOUS, but I don't seem to grasp this concept. Believe it or not, in the circle of people I know, approximately 100 percent of the people who may actually dislike me don't think about me as much as I think they do.

3. God loves me, no matter what. Isn't it nice to have someone who loves us, sent His Son for us to save us? I think so, even if others do not. I realize that not everyone agrees with me, and while I think it's important to share the good news, I also realize not everyone will receive it as good news. This doesn't mean you shut them out. Jesus didn't, so why should I? I'm here to share my story of how God has done amazing things in my life, continues to do so, and showing people that by letting Him do it, I've been transformed. I also do this with the risk of knowing that not everyone will believe me. Or care, for that matter. As hard as that is, that's the truth. However, God loves me and LONGS for me.

In comparison, other people who dislike me pale in comparison to God. He LONGS to show me what I seem to always want from others, but I need to truly realize I can't get it from them. 

Isaiah 30:18 "“Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!”

1 comment:

April Feagley said...

I struggle with this too. I LOVE to be liked. I NEED to be liked. Aaaaand, it doesn't always happen. My Daddy in Heaven loves me and that should be my focus, but sometimes my focus slips.