I'm 31, and until today, I've never had a Twinkie. Hostess products were never a mainstay in my house, so I never had access to the Twinkies. They're prevalent in popular culture. I've heard about how they never go bad, and they are the thing to have in an event of a nuclear holocaust. I think it's for this reason, I was so curious to try one. So I did. I was severely disappointed.
Perhaps it was the fact that it was in the vending machine, but it just wasn't very good.
On package, it said it was a sponge cake with creme filling. What I thought I was going to eat was something that tasted like a sponge cake, but what I got was what I feel is the equivlent of eating a sponge you use to clean things with creme filling. I felt like I committed murder because I ate Spongebob Squarepants. I don't think Twinkies are divinely inspired.
Swiss Cake Rolls, on the other hand, I believe were inspired by God.
I also was watching a video from this site yesterday. On the video, they spoke of how young people aren't the church of tomorrow, but the church of today. If a 9-year-old boy wants to give a sermon and asks when is he old enough to give one, you don't say a date in the future, you say now. Nobody is too long to do God's work. That was the point of the video; however, during the video, the pastor mentioned how we live in an age where there are people who refuse to believe in absolute truth. They proclaim it by saying "there's no such thing as absolute truth". Now, I giggled at first, because I appreciate irony, but overall, this is as ironic of a statement as you can't get.
By declaring that 'there's no absolute truth', some are essentially stating what they believe to be 'an absolute truth'. This, in my opinion, just proves there is absolute truth. Ha!
You've just entered the confines of my brain and have gotten a glimpse of what goes on in it. It's amazing how you can discover the inadequacies of Twinkies and ironic statement in the course of two days.
God does have a sense of humor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment