I went shopping for clothes tonight. I figured that with a new job, I'd like to have some fresh new threads. Makes sense, right? I thought so. However, I have such a difficult time finding clothes these days. I'm tempted to submit a tape into What Not To Wear just so I can learn how to shop for clothes that are age appropriate and look nice. After all, it would be super cool to get $5,000 dollars to buy clothes.
The following is the inner dialogue in my head as I shop for clothes:
"Ooh! I like this. Really, not in my size, eh? THAT'S a surprise. Something I like isn't in MY size."
"Stupid Hollister! I just LOVE a store that covertly tells you that children aren't welcome here because the step that goes up and then back down INTO the stupid store makes getting a stroller in the store difficult. It doesn't, however, prevent the stupid store from pumping out the strongest smelling perfume that is guaranteed to make people choke from the stench! STUPID HOLLISTER!"
"Why is it when other people come in here, THEY find nice things, but when I come in here, everything looks like it's for an 80-year-old woman? Why do things HAVE to be bedazzled? DON'T BEDAZZLE THINGS! PLEASE!"
"Really, it COSTS THIS MUCH?"
"Why do all the mall rats hang out at the Verizon store?"
"Gee, Kylie, remember when you thought coming to the mall was the coolest thing in the world? What WERE you thinking?*"
* I grew up in a very small town, so going to the mall that was 45 minutes away was really an event as a kid.
"Oooh, these shoes are cute! WHAT A SURPRISE, THEY DON'T HAVE MY SIZE!"
"I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need your help! How can you help me when I have no idea what I'm looking for?!"
"Oooh, I like this dress! They have cardigans, right? The mannequin has one? WHERE ARE THE STUPID CARDIGANS?"
"I have to get back! I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I got lost!"
"Target, don't let me down!"
"TARGET, YOU'VE LET ME DOWN. UGH!"
The one plus about this trip was the fact that my nephew came with us. He wanted to go to Altoona, so he used entertaining my son as a means of getting to come to Altoona. That part was fun, so even though I hate shopping, the fact that I spent the evening with my husband, my kid, and one of my nephews was totally worth all of the inner dialogue! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment