My son showed concern for my nephew tonight. We were at my sister's house, and there was horseplay involved, as there tends to be when you get a gaggle of boys in the same room. Along with the horseplay, someone is bound to get hurt. Well, that happened, and my son tilted his little head to the side and asked my nephew if he was okay by simply saying, "All right?"
I don't know when this is supposed to happen with children; I've all but given up reading milestones. I realized, at least for me, it's something that would lead me to a tizzy if my son didn't meet x milestone at y time. It's just better this way. He's growing, maturing and learning, and sometimes, that happens at a rate that's not the same as other children. It could be faster or it could be slower than other children, but I've FINALLY realized that it's okay. If you're thinking that I'm a little slow in that department, don't worry, I do as well.
I get caught up in things he does wrong, and trust me, he's NO ANGEL. He knows two moods. Happy and OH. SO. DRAMATIC. I don't know how much behavior is genetic and how much is learned, but either way, I see he's a reflection of his parents, and it's a reminder of how NOT perfect we are. AT ALL. LIKE EVER.
However, moments like this give me hope. WE ARE doing something right as parents. In the midst of festering pot of chaos that's to the point where it will ALMOST boil over, moments like this are to be cherished.
Monday, March 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment